As a firm of attorneys located on Kauai, practicing on Kauai, we know Kauai courtrooms, procedure and what our judges expect. We handle a wide variety of litigation matters including:
- Personal injury lawsuits to recover financial damages for injuries or death caused by the reckless or negligent actions of another – including car accidents, and slip and falls.
- Wrongful Death.
- High value commercial and contract disputes.
- Criminal defense for all charges (ranging from DUI to financial crimes to homicide)
- Appeals and defense of appeals in Hawaii Courts.
- Civil Litigation
- Civil Rights (including Native Hawaiian rights, whistleblower, sexual harassment and government corruption).
- Planning Department, permitting and administrative appeals.
If you have a contract dispute whether it be a simple landlord-tenant dispute or a high-value commercial dispute, our attorneys are experienced in providing the representation you need. If you have experienced a personal injury, auto accident injury, or a family member’s wrongful death, our firm can put you in the best position to recover damages for your unfortunate loss. Our firm also strives t set the standard for the protection of Native Hawaiian property rights. With more than half a century of combined experience litigating on our client’s behalf, you can focus on recovering instead of finding yourself overwhelmed and worried about your court case.
True Criminal Defense
We strive to set the standard for robust criminal defense. Our attorneys have handled thousands of criminal cases. We know jury trials. We know criminal appeals. Whether it is DUI, speeding, drug possession, robbery, burglary, theft, white-collar crime, negligent injury, or murder – we have defended it. Our lawyers have defended virtually every type of criminal case. We are also experienced in serving visitors and tourists who are accused of running afoul of the law while on vacation and can often arrange to eliminate most court appearances and costly return trips to Kauai.
Appeals and Administrative Law
Adverse rulings can usually be appealed to the next level. Our attorneys are experienced in handling appeals to the Intermediate Court of Appeals and Hawaii Supreme Court. We also handle administrative hearings whether it be Planning Department permitting issues or Administrative Driver’s Licensing revocations. We also handle appeals to the District or Circuit Courts of adverse rulings by administrative hearings officers. We know how to win and we have won numerous cases on appeal and in administrative proceedings.